How do I pair my U by Moen with my Amazon devices?
0 people found this answer helpful
Amazon Alexa Pairing:
- First, set up your U by Moen shower by downloading the U by Moen app from either the Apple App store or the Google Play store, registering an account with Moen and syncing your controller to this account.
- If you already have the U by Moen app on your phone, make sure it is the latest version. App version 2.0.0 or greater is required for Alexa. Visit the Apple App store or Google Play store to download the latest version of the app
- Once your app is updated to the latest version, the controller firmware will update within 30 minutes. Firmware 2.0.0 or greater is required for Alexa.
- To check your app software and controller firmware version, go to the bottom of the "Settings" tab within the U by Moen app.
To enable the Alexa Skill:
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone
- Setup your Echo device through the Alexa app
- Open the Alexa app and click "Skills" from the app menu
- Search for "U by Moen" in the skill search bar
- Click "Enable" within the U by Moen skill
- Enter your U by Moen email address and password to sync your U by Moen account to your Alexa account
- Allow Alexa to connect to your U by Moen account
Controlling your shower with Alexa:
- Once your U by Moen shower is connected to Alexa, you can turn control your shower with your voice. Turn on the shower to a specific preset (created within the U by Moen app) or to a specific temperature. You can also turn the shower off with Alexa.
Examples of starting the shower using Alexa:
- "Alexa, ask Moen (pronounced 'Moe-en') to start my shower" - turns shower on to 100 degrees with primary shower fixture running
- "Alexa, ask Moen to turn on my shower to 98 degrees" - turns shower on to 98 degrees with primary shower fixture running
- "Alexa, ask Moen to start preset Workout" - turns on your shower to all the settings you customized for your "Workout" preset within the U by Moen app
Examples of stopping the shower using Alexa:
- "Alexa, ask Moen to turn off my shower"
- "Alexa, ask Moen to stop my shower"
Was this helpful?