THE SCOOP ON SHOWERING: MOEN UNCOVERS 15 FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS DAILY RITUAL
Oakville, Ontario... You shower in the morning. For seven minutes. At a temperature of 37-degrees Celsius. Under a wall-mounted showerhead. Sound familiar? We all think our showering routine is "normal" -- but what about those folks that use their smartphones in the shower? Or (eek) clip their nails in what should be a sanctuary of solitude? Moen, the number one faucet brand in North America, pulled back the shower curtain on this often daily ritual, to uncover interesting shower habits, trends and facts so you can see just how average your shower really is.
According to Moen's Consumer & Market Insights group:
What's the Average Shower Length?
1. On average, showers last about 13 minutes -- but consumers wish it could last five minutes longer.
How Many Showers?
2. Consumers take approximately 6.7 showers per week.
Who Takes More Showers: Men or Women?
3. Males take showers more frequently than females (7 times per week vs. 6.4, respectively).
What Time of Day is Most Popular?
4. Fifty-eight percent of consumers take more showers in the morning than at any other time of the day.
Shampoo in the Shower
5. On average, consumers wash their hair 5.7 times per week.
A Place to Relax and Unwind
6. Sixty-seven percent spend their time in the shower daydreaming on topics like family and relationships, as well as thinking about work and household chores.
A Shower and a Song
7. Sixty-three percent sing in the shower because they feel happy, relaxed and know that no one can hear them.
De-Stress or Stress Out?
8. Women are 16 percent more inclined to spend time mulling over family issues and chores than men.
9. Seventy-three percent of consumers are sharing their shower with their spouse/significant other.
10. More consumers dry off outside the shower rather than inside.
11. Forty-five percent of women say their biggest pet peeve is that their male counterparts never clean the shower.
Bigger is Better
12. Forty-eight percent of homeowners wished they could make their shower larger.
Most Popular Showerheads
13. Almost half of all consumers currently have a wall-mounted, standard-sized showerhead; but the most preferred is a wall-mounted rainshower.
Finding the Right Temperature
14. Sixty-two percent of consumers prefer a hot shower.
15. Thirty-seven percent of consumers want to conserve water, but don't want to sacrifice shower performance.